|skud (skud) wrote,|
@ 2013-01-25 06:05 pm UTC
Short version: $180/week + bills, medium sized room, well furnished house, vegie garden, friendly/communal household with 2 queer/genderqueer women (i.e. me and frabjous).
Available from mid-February, $180/week, bond $884
* We are two adult women/genderqueer peeps, geeks, queers, foodies & crafters. One is a software developer who works primarily from home, one is a community lawyer who works 4 days a week outside the home.
* We’ve got an easygoing, friendly atmosphere - we love hanging out but also cheerfully give each other introvert/alone time when needed with no hard feelings. We enjoy entertaining in a low-key way: friends round for meals, craft nights, the occasional party or summer bbq, guests staying over from time to time.
* We love cooking together (& shopping at local markets), though it’s not a requirement of living here. We share expenses for some household staples (toilet paper, laundry soap, etc), and would be happy to share groceries and pantry staples if you want to cook/eat communally with us. We're not vegetarian but are veg-friendly and eat lots of veg food.
* We have some basic, discussed & agreed upon house rules to keep responsibilities for cleaning (and expected levels of cleanliness) well-defined - so no one gets stressed about it.
* The house a is big, light-filled 3 bedroom share house; large bathroom, separate laundry, big front yard/smaller back yard w clothes line & vegetable garden & bbq, gas stove & dishwasher, central heating, aircon in living room, big open plan living area, carport & free on street parking.
* Located in a quiet but v conveniently placed street in Thornbury, just off St Georges Rd and south of Miller St. 112 tram < 5 mins walk away (15 mins to Brunswick St, 30 mins into city), South Morang line train 10 mins walk away (30 mins into city). There are a few great cafes/brunchy places within easy walking distance, and excellent bike paths.
* The available bedroom is of average size: it can fit a queen sized bed, shelves, drawers or desk, etc. It has a smallish wardrobe with with built-in drawers and two hanging areas.
* We also have shared storage: a large linen closet, as well as a big communal wardrobe in the hall for hanging things, and a moderate amount of storage space in the backyard shed.
* The rest of house is well-furnished with our stuff, and we have a full range of appliances and kitchen gear, though we’d be happy to integrate yours if you have things. Communal storage & decoration in shared areas of the house is welcomed.
* We have a vegie/herb garden and share garden expenses to some degree. We would love someone who enjoys growing food, but you don't have to be an expert or really into it, as long as you're prepared to help out occasionally.
* We share all utilities including a very good Internet connection. These average around $100/person/month in total.
* Queer & kink & genderqueer/trans friendly, feminist and fat-positive.
* A grown up and able to afford rent and bills without drama.
* Likes cooking & eating & sharing interesting food, esp more towards the vegetarian end of the spectrum (we are not vego, but meat occupies a pretty small part in our diets).
* Is good at using your words, and happy to talk openly about & agree to following some basic share house “rules” to keep the place at a comfortable standard of cleanliness for everyone.
* Geek & fandom friendly, enjoys hanging out and watching a variety of tv/film/etc, from the trashy to the sublime (and sublimely trashy).
* No pets, sorry.
Interested? Email me: email@example.com